Thursday 8 January 2009

Hard Pushed

Now Christmas is out of the way, I find myself a quarter of the way through the course, with deadline day looming for A3.

I planned to use the Christmas break to good effect and really get in front on A3, instead I found it hard to motivate myself throughout the festive period. This was not just down to the festivities, but also the fact I've been working full time through out the break too. Going home and switching on the computer to crack on with A3 hasn't always been the easiest of things to do. When I did get engrossed into my screen design I found it very enjoyable. It has given me a chance to be creative.

I thought I was restraining myself from being to graphical and ambitious as I had in mind the global document size (100KB) and technical difficulties I will no doubt face once the build starts with the next assignment.

I wasn’t as restraint as I thought with my design. Steve instantly reminded me I had to actually build the design. A re-think and some tweaking set me back as the final week began.

With just days remaining before hand in I find myself mentally exhausted. But I am confident I will meet the deadline. Some more proof reading time and general tweaking this late on would be beneficial, rather than heavy revisions I find myself doing.

My time management could be better. I used a production schedule, but failed to take into account things that could go wrong later on and as a result should of given myself more time on the actually screen design and written work, rather than spending too much time on development early on.

Here’s my finished design, any comments much appreciated.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Alright?

Only just got round to reading everyone's blog.

Your screen design is look smooth. How about putting a hyperlink in so we can see it full size?

Regards and such,
Sam