Monday 20 October 2008

Anxiety

The first assignment is in.

I'm relieved, but extremely anxious at the same time. The fear of the unknown, will I pass? I might not know for weeks.

I found the assignment a good exercise in research and as a result learned a lot, especially in computer languages.

The precision required when using the assignment template as well as becoming familiar with InDesign will hopefully be applicable to my design and website developer orientated work.

I feel the amount of time we were given, as perhaps made me a little more doubting of my work, as its given me time to over analyse and evaluate, I maybe have changed things unnecessarily because of this.

Has deadline day loomed I felt quite relaxed as I'd pretty much done what I thought was a polished finished copy the week before. Some proof reading from a friend soon increased the pressure as he found seven SPG mistakes. Have I missed more?

I was the first to hand in, this was maybe not the best thing to do half way through a college day as I noticed a few people enjoyed watching me squirm. Hearing little things through out the rest of the day made me worry if I'd remembered everything.

All I can do now is wait. Next time around I don't think there is a lot I could do different, maybe just hang fire a little with the handing in of the assignment and get it proof read much earlier. Most of all I need to relax a little more (not to the point where I become careless); maybe I'm putting myself under too much pressure. If I have made mistakes, I am going to learn from them. .

No comments: